Student Attire: Business Formal
Possible Tops: blazer, solid colored dress, buttoned shirt, blouse, ties/bowtie
Possible Bottoms: Pencil skirt, pant suit, formal trousers
Possible Shoes: closed toe heels or flats, dress shoes, BLACK socks
DO NOT WEAR: dangly jewelery, open toe heels, brightly colored socks, or sneakers. See examples below.
ALWAYS WEAR: blazer — it is essential to business formal clothing.
Places to buy business formal clothing: H&M, Macy's, Forever 21 (feminine business formal), Banana Republic
This attire is highly recommended and is expected by a students' competitors and judges while they are competing. However, it is not mandatory to join the club or to compete.
- Debate: Flow paper (blank paper), cases
- Speech: Blank notecards (to write topic/title on), scripts/speeches
- Laptop and phone
- Judge attire is casual, a judge may wear what the wish to a tournament.
- It is advised to bring a notebook/paper with 2 different colored pens.
- Plenty of food & water (food & drink is usually provided for free for the judges, but it's good to have backup!).